TERMS OF SERVICE
These Subscriber TERMS OF SERVICE (“Terms of Service”) constitute a binding contract between you (“Subscriber” or “Customer” or “you”) and the applicable Dhakai Soft Multimedia Solutions Sdn Bhd (“Company”), regarding the terms under which the Company will provide Subscriber with access to the Services.
BY ENROLLING INTO COURSE, SUBSCRIBER SIGNIFIES ITS AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE (“Acceptance”). Subscriber agrees that its assent, given electronically, will have the same legal effect as if it had been personally signed by Subscriber. To the extent permitted by law, these Terms of Service are intended to supersede any provisions of applicable law, which might otherwise limit their enforceability or effect, because they were entered into electronically.
- “Effective Date” - refers to the date that the Company confirms Subscriber’s right to use the Subscription Website.
- “Exercise Files” - refers to the files (documents, photos, and so on) that an author may use during the applicable course.
- “Gift Subscription” - refers to a right to use the Subscription Website as a recipient of a gift, i.e., the recipient does not have to provide credit/debit card information during the registration process. The sender of the Gift Subscription is not deemed a Subscriber but the recipient of a Gift Subscription will be deemed a Subscriber upon Acceptance of these Terms of Service.
- “No Fee Trial” - refers to a temporary right to use the Subscription Website at no charge during the permissible No Fee Trial period and in accordance with any applicable terms, including, but not limited to, Acceptance of these Terms of Service. A No Fee Trial may or may not require the insertion of credit/debit card information.
- “Services” - means the Public Website, the Subscription Website, and their entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to, all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, the Standard Content, the Exercise Files, and any documentation pertaining to the foregoing).
- “Standard Content” - refers to content within the Subscription Website that does not include the Exercise Files.
- “Subscriber” - also referred to as “Member”, refers to an individual/entity/organization/institution that has the right to access the Subscription Website via a Subscription Fee (“Paid Subscription”), Gift Subscription, No Fee Trial, or other basis. A Subscriber must be at least 18 years of age or, as applicable, the age of majority in the country, state or other jurisdiction in which the Subscriber resides (and if a minor, have the permission of a parent or legal guardian to access the Subscription Website), and possess the legal right and ability to enter into binding contracts. Furthermore, a Subscriber may be an ‘Individual’ or ‘Multi-User’ Subscriber as follows:
- ‘Individual Subscriber,’ refers to a Subscription by one individual only (“Individual Subscription”).
2) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
- The Services are owned by the Company, its licensors or other providers of such material, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
- No right, title or interest in or to the Services or any portion thereof, is transferred to any Subscriber or Authorized End User, and all rights not expressly granted herein, are reserved by the Company.
- The Company name, the Company logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans, are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. Subscriber may not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
3) FEES AND PAYMENT.
- Course Fee. Subscriber agrees to pay the appropriate fee corresponding to the particular Services that it wishes to access for the applicable Subscription Term (“Course Fee”). The Company reserves the right to change the Course Fee with respect to a Renewal Term with prior written notification. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all fees are non-cancellable and non-refundable.
- No Fee Trial. If Subscriber cancels a No Fee Trial before it expires, Subscriber’s credit/debit card will not be charged. If Subscriber does not cancel before expiration of the No Fee Trial, Subscriber will automatically be enrolled in the appropriate membership (depending on Subscriber’s No Fee Trial sign-up choice), and Subscriber’s credit/debit card will be billed accordingly.
- Gift Subscription. If Subscriber receives a Gift Subscription, Subscriber shall not be required to provide the Subscriber’s billing information.
- Taxes. Subscriber is responsible for all applicable sales, use, transfer or other taxes and all duties, whether international, national, state, or local, however designated, which are levied or imposed by reason of the transaction contemplated hereby, excluding, however, income taxes on profits which may be levied against the Company.
- Termination. The Company reserves the right to terminate or suspend access to all or any portion of the Services for violation or suspected violation of these Terms of Service.
- Effect of Termination. Subscriber will have no further rights to access the Subscription Website. Termination will not affect the rights or liabilities of either party that accrued prior to termination.
Subscriber agrees to maintain the confidentiality of the Company’s Confidential Information. For the purposes of these Terms of Service, the term “Confidential Information” means all portions of the Services, including but not limited to, the Subscription Website.
6) THIRD PARTY LINKS OR INFORMATION.
This Website may contain links to other websites that are not operated by or related to Company. Company is not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions expressed in such third party websites, and does not investigate, monitor, or check these websites for accuracy or completeness. The inclusion of any linked website on this Website does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Company. A Subscriber that leaves this Website to access these third-party sites does so at its own risk.
7) DISCLAIMERS OF STATEMENTS/WARRANTIES.
Subscriber’s use of the services or items obtained through the services is at its own risk. The services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, without any statements or warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Neither company, its affiliates nor any person associated with them makes any statement, warranty or representation with respect to the completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy or availability of the services. Without limiting the foregoing, neither company, its affiliates nor anyone associated with them promises that the services or items obtained through the services or any portion thereof, will be accurate, reliable, error-free or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, that the services or the website or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components, or that the services or items obtained through the services will otherwise meet subscriber’s needs or expectations. Company and its affiliates hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement and fitness for purpose. The foregoing does not affect any warranties which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. No verbal or written representations, information or advice given by company, its affiliates or their authorized representative shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty.
8) LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
Company does not in any way exclude or limit its liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by its negligence; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any other matter for which it would be illegal for company to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability.
Subscriber agrees to compensate and defend fully Company, its officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from and against any damages, losses, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from any third-party claim, action or demand arising out of any breach by Subscriber of any representation, warranty, covenant, obligation or duty of Subscriber under this Agreement.
All provisions relating to proprietary rights, payment of fees, confidentiality, disclaimer of warranty, indemnification, and limitation of liability, shall survive the expiration or earlier termination of these Terms of Service.
Except, for any provisions determining the primary contractual obligations of Subscriber and Company hereunder, Company has the right to revise and amend these Terms of Service from time to time to reflect changes in business needs including, but not limited to, changes in features and functionality, changes in market conditions, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in system capabilities. Changes are effective immediately upon posting and Subscriber’s continued use of any of the Services following the posting of revised Terms of Service means that Subscriber accepts and agrees to the changes, to the extent permitted by applicable laws.12) ASSIGNMENT.
Subscriber may not transfer these Terms of Service, in whole or in part. Company may transfer these Terms of Service and/or subcontract some or all of its obligations hereunder at any time.
Subscriber acknowledges that a breach of any confidentiality or proprietary rights provision of these Terms of Service may cause Company irreparable damage, for which the award of damages would not be adequate compensation. Consequently, Company may seek an injunction to prevent Subscriber from taking any and all acts in violation of those provisions, which remedy shall be cumulative and not exclusive, and Company may seek the entry of an injunction enjoining any breach or threatened breach of those provisions, in addition to any other relief to which Company may be entitled at law or in equity.
14) FORCE MAJEURE.
Company will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations that is caused by events outside its reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond Company’s reasonable control including, but not limited to, restrictions of law, regulations, orders, or other governmental directives, labor disputes, acts of God, third party mechanical or other equipment breakdowns, terrorist attacks, fire, explosions, fibre optic cable cuts, interruption or failure of telecommunications or digital transmission links, Internet failures or delays, storms or other similar events.
16) NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES.
No person or entity not a party to these Terms of Service will be deemed to be a third party beneficiary of these Terms of Service or any provision hereof.
If any provision of these Terms of Service are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, such provision shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law and the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect.
18) WAIVER AND AMENDMENT.
If Company fails to insist upon strict performance of Subscriber’s obligations under any of these terms and conditions, or if Company fails to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which it is entitled under these Terms of Service, this will not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and will not relieve Subscriber from compliance with such obligations. No waiver by Company of any default will constitute a waiver of any subsequent default, and no waiver by Company of any of these terms and conditions will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to Subscriber in writing.
19) COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING.